Monday, March 31, 2008

Death, Taxes, and Dry Cleaning?

New reports were released last week focusing on the financial and geographic aspects of the death penalty system in California. Link to them here.

In a blog about it, I note this:

The Hidden Death Tax also reveals some startling figures that you wouldn't expect to find on an expense sheet for prosecuting a death penalty case. But there it is, on Page 26 of the report, a dry-cleaning bill of $937.45, and a $387 worth of oil changes, car washes and smog checks.

Makes you wonder if some prosecutor's head might be rolling just about now? Nahhh.... I am sure there is justification for that somewhere in the details.... Read the full blog post here.

--abe

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I've read your blog and I think it's interesting. I would like to invite you to our new online community at polzoo.com. We are a user generated political editorial and social network site. We also choose from amongst our own bloggers to be featured on the front page. Come check us out! I think your voice would be a great addition to our site.

Polzoo